We look forward to welcoming you to the Morgan. A review of our visitor guidelines and policies below can help orient you before you arrive and ensure you get the most out of your experience. By visiting the Museum, you agree to abide by these policies. Please make sure to plan ahead for your visit.
Violations of the guidelines and policies may result in your being asked to leave the Morgan (without refund).
General guidelines and policies:
In compliance with city guidelines, museum visitors 12 and older must show proof of at least one shot of a Covid-19 vaccine approved for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization. If you have fever, chills, cough, muscle pains, headache, loss of taste or smell, or think you may have been exposed to Covid-19 prior to your visit, please contact us to reschedule or to arrange a full refund.
- Engaging in conduct that disrupts or interferes with normal operation of the Morgan, or that disturbs staff or other Museum visitors is not permitted. Such conduct includes:
- Harassing or threatening behavior.
- Using obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Making unreasonable noise, including loud talking on a cell phone or otherwise.
- Complementary coat and bag check is currently unavailable. All garments, backpacks, briefcases, and bags must remain on your person and cannot be left unattended. Umbrellas must be contained within an admissibly-size bag. Luggage, sealed boxes, garment bags, bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, plants, flowers, food, and musical instruments may not be brought into the museum.
- You may not enter prior to the time listed on your ticket.
- Late admittance cannot be guaranteed. Regardless of weather, any entry queues will form outside the building. We recommend arriving just before your scheduled entry time.
- Re-entry will not be permitted.
- Everyone entering the Morgan’s campus must wear face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth. Visitors not wearing masks appropriately will not be allowed in the facility.
- All visitors are required to maintain social distancing, keeping 6 ft from anyone not in their party.
- The Museum is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, damaged, or left behind.
- Please do not touch the artwork.
- No eating or drinking is currently permitted onsite.
- While pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are allowed, no pens, ink, paints, markers, easels, or stools are permitted. Sitting on the floor while sketching or taking notes is not permitted.
- Unless otherwise indicated, you may take photographs for personal use. The use of flash, video, selfie sticks, tripods and other such equipment is prohibited.
- In consideration of others, we ask that visitors refrain from speaking into their cell phones except in lobby areas.
- There is no lecturing in the galleries except by Morgan Library & Museum staff and docents.
- Pets cannot be brought into the Museum.
- The Morgan Library & Museum is a smoke-free environment.