We look forward to welcoming you to the Morgan. A review of our visitor guidelines and regulations below can help orient you before you arrive and ensure you get the most out of your experience. By visiting the Museum, you agree to abide by these policies. Please make sure to plan ahead for your visit.
Violations of the guidelines and policies may result in your being asked to leave the Morgan (without refund).
General guidelines and policies:
- Engaging in conduct that disrupts or interferes with normal operation of the Morgan, or that disturbs staff or other Museum visitors is not permitted. Such conduct includes:
- Harassing or threatening behavior.
- Using obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Making unreasonable noise, including loud talking on a cell phone or otherwise.
- Complementary coat and bag check available:
- Coats, if not worn, must be checked at the coatroom.
- All backpacks, briefcases, and large bags must be checked
- Luggage, garment bags, carry-on bags, large duffle bags, bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, plants, or flowers may not be brought into the Museum and cannot be checked.
- Strollers may be brought into the Museum but cannot be checked.
- Sealed boxes, packages, or musical instruments may not be brought into the Museum and cannot be checked.
- All umbrellas must be checked unless it is contained within an admissibly sized bag.
- Outside food and drink cannot be brought into the Museum and may not be checked at the coatroom.
- The Museum reserves the right to decide what can and cannot be checked in at the coatroom.
- The Morgan reserves the right to inspect all bags upon entering the museum.
- The Museum is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, damaged, or left behind.
- Please do not touch the artwork.
- No eating or drinking outside the Café and Dining Room (this includes food items purchased in the Museum)
- While pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are allowed, no pens, ink, paints, markers, easels, or stools are permitted. Sitting on the floor while sketching or taking notes is not permitted.
- Unless otherwise indicated, you may take photographs for personal use. The use of flash, video, selfie sticks, tripods and other such equipment is prohibited.
- In consideration of others, we ask that visitors refrain from speaking into their cell phones except in lobby areas.
- There is no lecturing in the galleries except by Morgan Library & Museum staff and docents.
- Pets cannot be brought into the Museum.
- The Morgan Library & Museum is a smoke-free environment.