In compliance with city guidelines, museum visitors 12 and older must show proof of at least one shot of a Covid-19 vaccine approved for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
Tickets are available! Entry to the Museum is by timed ticket and capacity is limited. Advance reservations are suggested. Please note, service fees apply for online ticket sales. (Morgan Members do not need to reserve tickets in advance. Please see below for more information).
PLAN YOUR VISIT
The Morgan Library & Museum is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10:30 am to 5 pm.
Closed Mondays and Tuesdays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
$14 Seniors (65 and over)
$13 Students (with current ID)
Free to children 12 and under (must be accompanied by an adult)
Discounted admission of $13 is available for disabled visitors, admission is free for accompanying caregivers.
Our Free Friday programs take place 2 to 5 pm every Friday. Reservations are required.
Tickets are available one week in advance.
Memberships and Passes
Advanced reservations are not required for the following memberships. Tickets are available at the Ticketing Desk with a valid membership card or pass:
- Morgan Members
- Corporate Members
- American Association of Museums (AAM)
- Cool Culture Family Pass
- International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Museums Council of New York City
- Other Museum Staff
Tickets are available at the Ticketing Desk with a valid membership card or pass. No advanced reservations required.
The Morgan Dining Room and The Morgan Café are currently closed.
Coat check is closed. All garments, backpacks, briefcases, and bags must remain on your person and cannot be left unattended. Umbrellas must be contained within an admissibly-size bag. Luggage, sealed boxes, garment bags, bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, plants, flowers, food, and musical instruments may not be brought into the museum.
Print materials are no longer available on site. You can prepare for your visit by downloading and accessing materials on your mobile device or printing materials in advance:
All programs are currently taking place online. Visit The Morgan, Connected to learn more.
We have made a few changes to our procedures that put your safety, as well as the safety of our staff, first.
Prior to your visit:
- Please download the Excelsior Pass, NYC Covid Safe app, or be prepared to present proof of vaccination upon arrival at the museum. Acceptable forms of vaccination proof in addition to the Excelsior Pass and NYC Covid Safe app include:
- CDC vaccination card, along with personal ID
- A photocopy of your CDC vaccination card, along with personal ID
- A digital photograph of your CDC vaccination card, along with personal ID
- An official vaccination record, along with personal ID
- Entry to the Museum is by advance timed ticket only and capacity is limited. Advance reservations are suggested. Please note, service fees apply for online ticket sales.
- Late admittance cannot be guaranteed. Regardless of weather, any entry queues will form outside the building. We recommend arriving just before your scheduled entry time.
- If you have fever, chills, cough, muscle pains, headache, loss of taste or smell, or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19 prior to your visit, please contact us to reschedule or to arrange a full refund.
- The Morgan retains the right to close at its discretion. If the Museum closes on the day or time of your visit following your ticket purchase, we will alert you and issue an automatic refund.
- If you have a disability or health condition and have concerns about your ability to comply with any of the requirements below, please contact us in advance of your visit.
During your visit:
- Present your Excelsior Pass, NYC Covid Safe, app, or proof of vaccination to museum staff upon arrival.
- By entering the museum, you agree to our updated Visitor Guidelines and Policies.
- Everyone entering the Morgan’s campus must wear face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth. Visitors not wearing masks appropriately will not be allowed in the facility. Face masks with exhalation valves or vents will not be permitted in the museum. Bandanas as face coverings will not be permitted in the museum.
- Contact information from visitors is gathered for the purpose of contact tracing and visitor research. You may decline participation in research, by unsubscribing from our e-mail list at any time.
- All visitors are required to maintain social distancing, keeping 6 ft from anyone not in their party.
- Re-entry will not be permitted.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious conditions exists in any public space where people are present. Those visiting the Morgan Library & Museum voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, other infectious conditions, and other hazards that may be present in a public space.
Questions? We are here to help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-685-0008 extension 560.