Please read the following guidelines before your visit to the Morgan. If you have questions, call (212) 685-0008, ext. 561 or e-mail [email protected]
- Do not touch the artwork.
- No eating or drinking outside the Dining Room or Café. No outside food is permitted in the Museum or coat check.
- In consideration of other visitors, we ask that you refrain from using cell phones during your visit except in lobby areas.
- While pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are allowed, no pens, ink, paints, markers, easels, or stools are permitted. Sitting on the floor while sketching or taking notes is also not permitted.
- A complimentary coat and bag check is available. All umbrellas and large bags must be checked. No luggage or garment bags are permitted in the coatroom.
- No pets, radios, bicycles, skateboards, or scooters are permitted.
- The Morgan Library & Museum is a smoke-free environment.
- There is no lecturing in the galleries except by Morgan Library & Museum staff and docents.
- Violations of the above guidelines may result in your being asked to leave the Morgan (without a refund).
Fees and charges:
A minimum 50% deposit of the total amount due will be required to confirm the reservation. When scheduling a guided tour less than four weeks from the requested date, a $150 tour fee will be due upon receipt of invoice to reserve the date. Payment of all remaining fees and charges are required in full at least fifteen days in advance of the tour. Payment may be made with a check to The Morgan Library & Museum or with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card.
Reservations for guided tours must be made at least four weeks in advance. A minimum 50% deposit of the total amount due will be required to confirm the reservation. When scheduling a guided tour four weeks or less from the requested date, a $150 tour fee will be due upon receipt of invoice to reserve the date.
Maximum number of participants for a single group tour is twenty.
Changes to itinerary or increase in number of participants may not be made within ten days of the tour date without express permission from the Morgan.
Group leaders must check in at the Tickets desk upon arrival. Arriving group members may enter directly into the JP Morgan Chase Lobby without stopping at the Tickets desk. Participants will have the opportunity at this point to check coats and other items prior to the start of their visit.
In the event your arrival is delayed for a scheduled group tour, please notify us at (212) 685-0008, ext. 800 as early as possible. The Morgan Library & Museum reserves the right to cancel any tour for which the group arrives more than fifteen minutes late. In such a case no refund will be given, but we can reschedule the tour for a later date (admission fees will be honored, any new educator fees must be paid in advance).
Cancellation by group:
Should you need to cancel your tour, you must provide a minimum of seventy-two hours advance notification to avoid incurring any cancellation fees by calling (212) 685-0008, ext. 561. Tours canceled less than seventy-two hours in advance may incur a cancellation fee.
Cancellation by the Morgan:
The Morgan Library & Museum reserves the right to cancel any tour with advance notification of at least thirty days. In such a case we will reschedule the tour for a later date. If rescheduling is not possible, all fees and charges will be refunded.