The Morgan Library & Museum has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer who will operate, maintain and repair the Morgan’s building systems under the supervision of the Chief Engineer. These systems include but are not limited to HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) BMS controls, lighting systems and other building infrastructural systems.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in building operations.
- Should possess a valid New York Certificate of Fitness for:
- (A-35) Certificate of Fitness to Operate and Maintain Air Compressors.
- (F-01) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Fire Guard for Impairment.
- (S-12) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Sprinkler Systems.
- (S-13) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Standpipe Systems.
- (Q-01) Certificate of Qualification for Refrigerating System Operating Engineer.
- Fire Safety/Emergency Action Plan within one year of employment.
- Working knowledge of Siemens/BMS controls.
- Familiar with CMMS and ability to develop/manage preventative maintenance schedules & programs.
- An extensive knowledge of HVAC/control systems.
- An extensive knowledge of centrifugal chillers, cooling towers , pumps, fans and motors.
- Working knowledge of VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives).
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ability to make repairs on building systems.
- Experience in the maintenance and operations of steam systems supplied by Con Edison.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Being able to work with both hand and power tools in a safe and careful manner.
- Knowledgeable in working a variety of lifts such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs. or more, climbing on stairs and ladders, working in tight spaces.
Must have adequate hearing to facilitate working in machine equipment rooms.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.