The Morgan Library & Museum has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer who will operate, maintain and repair the Morgan’s building systems under the supervision of the Chief Engineer. These systems include but are not limited to HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), Building Management System controls, lighting systems, and other building infrastructural systems.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3–5 years’ experience in building operations.
- Should possess a valid New York Certificate of Fitness for:
- (A-35) Certificate of Fitness to Operate and Maintain Air Compressors.
- (F-01) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Fire Guard for Impairment.
- (S-12) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Sprinkler Systems.
- (S-13) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Standpipe Systems.
- (Q-01) Certificate of Qualification for Refrigerating System Operating Engineer
- (F-85) Fire Safety/Emergency Action Plan within one year of employment.
- Working knowledge of Siemens/BMS controls.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC/control systems.
- Extensive knowledge of centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, pumps, fans, and motors.
- Working knowledge of VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives).
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ability to make repairs on building systems.
- Experience in the maintenance and operations of steam systems supplied by Con Edison.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Being able to work with both hand and power tools in a safe and careful manner.
- Knowledgeable in working a variety of lifts such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is desirable.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs. or more, climbing on stairs and ladders, working in tight spaces.
- Must have adequate hearing to facilitate working in machine equipment rooms.
Hourly rate of $32.00 to $37.00. Excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Morgan Library & Museum receives many applications and inquiries for employment. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all of them. Due to the high volume of applicants, we can contact only those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the position using the e-mail address indicated above.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. The Morgan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.