If you are a New York City public school teacher, join us for one of our teacher workshops and experience the Morgan Library & Museum’s unique school programs that you can bring to your students. The workshops will highlight Colors of the World and the Morgan Book Project and include a hands-on activity.
The Morgan Library & Museum is an accredited sponsor for CTLE requirements. Teachers may credit these courses towards the New York State (NYS) 100 hours of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) requirement.
Free 2019-2020 Professional Development Workshops:
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 (Election Day)
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 25, 2019
Monday, January 27, 2020 (High School Chancellor’s Conference Day)
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
Thursday, June 4, 2020 (Chancellor’s Conference Day)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, May 22, 2020
Registration is required: To register, please send an email to email@example.com that includes your name, school's number and name, and Title 1 status along with your subject area(s), grade level(s), and the program date you are interested in attending or call 212.685.0008 ext. 331. You will receive a confirmation email if space is available.
Location:The Morgan Library & Museum
Directions: subway no. 6 to 33rd Street; 4, 5, or 7 to Grand Central; B, D, F, or M to 42nd Street/Bryant Park; bus M2, M3, M4, or Q32 to 36th Street; public parking available nearby
Time: 9 am to 3:30 pm
Fee: FREE with complimentary breakfast
In our full-day Professional Development Workshops, you will:
- Learn about the Morgan Library & Museum’s school programs, highlighting Colors of the World and the Morgan Book Project and their relevance to the CCSS and Danielson’s Framework;
- Discuss integration of the visual arts into earth science, ELA, and social studies;
- Explore extraordinary examples of medieval and Renaissance manuscripts from the Morgan’s collection;
- Make paint following historic recipes and methods from cities along ancient trade routes;
- Create a small illumination complete with 22 karat gold leaf.
The workshops are recommended for visual arts and academic teachers grades 3 through 12 interested in integrating book arts into their curriculum.
Download this PDF for more information about the goals and objectives of the Morgan's Teacher Workshops. Professional Development Workshops provide five CTLE credits.
*Due to great demand and limited space, we can accept only two teachers per school. Priority will be given to Title I New York City Public Schools.
Teachers: Photography by Alison MacKenzie