Purchased with the help of The Fellows Acquisition Fund; The Institut de Recherche sur les Miniatures Armeno-Byzantines; The Manoogian Simone Foundation; The L.W. Frohlich Charitable Trust, in memory of L.W. Frohlich and Thomas R. Burns, in recognition of their interest in and contributions to the arts of the written word; The Hagop Kevorkian Fund; Kaloust P. and Emma Sogoian; Antranig and Varsenne Sarkissian; and an anonymous donor in memory of Sirarpie Der Nersessian, 1998.
1 single leaf, matted : vellum, ill. ; 222 x 153 mm
The original manuscript, M.740, was made for Marshal Ōshin in 1274; owned by Ohan of St. Sargis in the 15th century (colophon on fol. 238); this missing donor portrait leaf was long in private hands (Feron-Stoclet Collection, Brussels); purchased by the Morgan Library in 1998.
erkat'agir, one word in bolorgir.