The Morgan Library & Museum has a part-time opening for a Visitor Services Assistant. The incumbent will provide museum patrons with a general introduction and orientation to the Morgan; sell admission and program tickets; provide Coatroom service to visitors by checking and returning bags and garments; provide brochures and other materials; and provide information on and assist with membership enrollment and renewal.
Responsibilities also comprise assisting with execution of programs and events including, but not limited to coat check, ushering, and ticket sales/collection.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Morgan strongly encourages applicants with a demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion, and gender equity in programming, outreach, hiring, and collection development.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Previous customer service experience especially in museum or attraction setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work Sundays along with one or two weekdays (Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday) and evening hours (an average of four per month). Schedule subject to change seasonally.
- Ability to lift and manage bags, garments, and other items checked in the coatroom
- Facility with computer use including Windows based operating systems
Competitive hourly rate
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.