The Morgan Library & Museum has openings for part-time Sales Associates. The Sales Associate will support daily operations in the Morgan shop by maintaining merchandise displays, in-shop stock levels, the efficient operation of a Point-of-Sale register system, and by providing excellent customer service to museum visitors. Additional responsibilities will include communicating daily merchandise and supply needs to gift shop management and assisting with annual inventory procedures. This part-time hourly position reports to the Shop Manager.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience
- Able to operate POS/Inventory system and compute basic mathematical calculations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and occasional evening hours (Weekend availability is required)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to lift and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and ensure a high level of guest service
As Morgan on-site protocols require, we will provide Sales Associates with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to include masks, gloves, clear visors, sanitizer and plexi-glass partitions in order to ensure a safe environment.
$15 per hour minimum
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources at Retail@themorgan.org
The Morgan Library & Museum receives many applications and inquiries for employment. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all of them. Due to the high volume of applicants, we can contact only those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the position using the e-mail address indicated above.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.