The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Development Associate, Institutional Giving. Reporting to the Manager of Institutional Giving, the Development Associate will provide essential support as it relates to securing funding from a diverse portfolio of institutional donors who support unrestricted and restricted operating support—especially exhibitions—and other special projects throughout the Museum. We are seeking a self-directed team player who can provide administrative support and help execute the development efforts primarily as it relates Institutional Giving. This individual must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to details.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- B.A. Degree is required. A keen interest in the arts and humanities is desired.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a development or grants office
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Superior written, analytical, and quantitative skill and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to collect and synthesize information; edit, prioritize and write engagingly for a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Donor database experience; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and Word
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time at events and programs
- Ability to lift moderately heavy boxes of material as needed
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekend hours to participate in donor events, as required.
- Must be an energetic, well organized, self-motivated, and results-oriented individual.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter with resume to: Human Resources at [email protected]
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.