The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Development Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Development Assistant provides essential administrative support for the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Development Department, especially as it relates to events, correspondence, data entry, and record keeping. The Development Assistant will help prepare proposals and other related donor mailings; assist the Events and Corporate Membership team preparing and sending the monthly Corporate Membership newsletter and processing gifts via Raiser’s Edge database. This position will also provide assistance for development events, manage acknowledgement letter mailings, RSVP tracking, and update the development events calendar. The position will also coordinate tours and visits for VIP donors and guests. This individual must work well under pressure, pay keen attention to details and provide a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Morgan strongly encourages applicants with a demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion, and gender equity in programming, outreach, hiring, and collection development.
- B.A. Degree; interest in the arts and humanities preferred.
- One or two years working in a development or membership office.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of customer service.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Highly developed writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Donor database experience, especially Raiser’s Edge, experience preferred.
- Design skills including Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop preferred.
- Evening and some weekend hours are necessary
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time at events and programs.
- Ability to work for extended periods on the computer.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy boxes of material as needed.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter with resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.