The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Development Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Development Assistant provides essential administrative support for the Director and greater Development Department, especially as it relates to meeting scheduling, record keeping, mailings, and events. The Development Assistant will help prepare proposals and other related donor correspondence; and assist with processing gifts via Raiser’s Edge database. This position will provide assistance for development events, especially invitation lists, RSVP tracking, and maintaining the development events calendar. The position will also assist with coordinating tours and visits for VIP donors and guests. This individual must work well under pressure, pay keen attention to details and provide a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy.
- B.A. Degree (or equivalent); with strong interest in the arts and humanities preferred.
- Some experience in a museum or development office setting is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of customer service.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Highly developed writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Donor database experience preferred, especially Raiser’s Edge.
- Design skills including Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop preferred.
- Evening and some weekend hours are necessary.
- Ability to participate for extended periods of time at events and programs.
- Ability to work for extended periods on the computer.
$40,000–$42,000, commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
Important to note:
To ensure the overall health and safety of the Morgan Library & Museum campus and in accordance with New York City requirements, all newly hired employees of the Morgan are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent qualifying exemptions for medical, religious, or other reasons in accordance with applicable laws.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. The Morgan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.