The Ruins of Rossum Castle, Seen from the Southeast
Graphite and watercolor with traces of white opaque watercolor.
10 3/16 x 15 5/16 inches (259 x 389 mm)
Inscribed, at lower left, in pen and brown ink, "R. Savary". The sheet has been folded three times, dividing it into eight sections. One of those bears, on the reverse, the inscription, in pen and ink, "Teyckeninge van / Mester Adam Willers"; another, in pen and ink, two rows of illegible writing, the second possibly "toerenkamer". In one corner in red chalk, "Roeland Savry".
Anonymous collection of Savery drawings formed before ca. 1770; A. E. Popham, London; Bob P. Haboldt & Co., New York; Eugene V. and Clare E. Thaw, New York.