Inscribed in pen and black ink, at lower left, "Dessiné par Jn. Jqu. Le Queu"; on verso, stamped with the artist's monogram.
Watermark: Coat of arms with "X" and "DBC" inside.
Along with Percier and Fontaine Boulet and Le Doux, Lequeu was one of the principal designers and architects of Napoleon.
Goldschmidt, Lucien, former owner.
Oenslager, Donald, 1902-1975, former owner.