Inscribed in upper left corner, in pen and brown ink, "157"; on verso, in pen and brown ink (visible on recto), "Paolo Veronese"; on verso of mount, in graphite, "Bernardino Licino / de Pordenone".
Ryskamp, Charles, ed. Twentieth Report to the Fellows of the Pierpont Morgan Library, 1981-1983. New York : Pierpont Morgan Library, 1984, p. 243.
Watermark: none visible through lining.
Formerly attributed to Carlo Caliari, Venice 1567/70-1592/96 Venice.