Inscribed on verso at upper left in black chalk and gone over in pen and brown ink, "Moreto da Brescia".
Design for the altarpiece of "Virgin and Child Adored by SS. Faustino, Martino, and Giovita" in the parish church of Sarezzo, ca. 1550.
Acquired as Moretto da Brescia.
Moscardo family, former owner.
Calceolari, Marquis de, former owner.
Scholz, János, former owner.