Inscribed at lower right, by the artist, in graphite, "Tarquino"; and variously within the design area (e.g. "S. Agosto" at left center and "Largaretto" at right center). Inscribed on the verso, by the artist, in graphite, with precise measurements for the architectural studies.
Watermark: Anchor with letters "AN" within a circle, surmounted by star (Heawood 6).
Ryskamp, Charles, ed. Twentieth Report to the Fellows of the Pierpont Morgan Library, 1981-1983. New York : Pierpont Morgan Library, 1984, p. 317.
Cavaceppi, Bartolomeo, 1717-1799, former owner.
Pacetti, Vincenzo, 1746-1820, former owner.
Pacetti, Michelangelo, 1793-1865, former owner.
Fatio, Paul, former owner.
Scholz, János, former owner.