Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn
Landscape with a Farm Building and the 'House with the Tower'
Etching and drypoint on paper.
123 x 319 mm
NHD 256, IV
John Heywood Hawkins (1803-1877), London and Bignor Park; Wilhelm Eduard Drugulin (1825-1879), Leipzig; Karl Eduard von Liphart (1808-1891), Dorpat, Bonn and Florence; Theodore Irwin (1827-1902), Oswego, New York; from whom purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan in 1900.
Watermark: Fleur-de-lis in shield, surmounted by crown, over letters "PR", (Strasbourg lily) fragment.
Watermark: Countermark: Letters "WK".
Cross-hatching added above and below the support of the drawbridge in the center. (White and Boon)