The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Development Associate - Institutional Giving, reporting to the Assistant Director of Institutional Giving. The Development Associate provides essential support as it relates to securing funding from a diverse portfolio of institutional donors who support unrestricted and restricted operating support—especially exhibitions—and other special projects throughout the Museum. The Development Associate is responsible for creating annual proposals and cases of support for school programs, general operations, and exhibitions in particular, as well as managing various administrative duties including using database NXT/Raiser’s Edge, and providing direct support to the Assistant Director on a wide variety of projects.
- B.A. Degree; interest in the arts and humanities preferred
- Some experience working in a development or grants office at a museum, arts organization, or other nonprofit preferred.
- Highly developed writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to details.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; a self-directed team player.
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with other departments.
- Familiarity reading budgets and other financial documents.
- Donor database experience; NXT/Raiser’s Edge experience preferred. Prospect research database experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, and familiarity with Adobe software or equivalent.
- Occasional evening hours are needed for events and programs.
$45,000–$48,000, commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
Important to note:
The Morgan Library & Museum complies with New York City Executive Order 225 and requires that all employees be fully vaccinated and have received booster vaccines against the virus that causes COVID-19, absent qualifying exemptions for medical, religious, or other reasons in accordance with applicable laws.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. The Morgan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.