The Morgan Library & Museum seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the Deputy Director and Director of Finance and Administration. They will provide administrative support on a day-to-day basis and coordinate activities with Morgan staff and/or external entities as needed. This position has frequent interaction with Trustees, including providing support for Board, Board Committees and Visiting Committee meetings and back-up administrative assistance for the Director.
Responsibilities include preparing and distributing meeting minutes, coordinating the preparation of agreements and institutional responses to surveys, proofreading a variety of texts, and drafting and laying out presentations. Additionally, this position manages special projects, as designated by executive staff. The Administrative Assistant is expected to provide a welcoming presence in the offices of the Deputy Director and Director of Finance and Administration in person, on the telephone, and through electronic media.
- B.A. with administrative experience and interest or background in the humanities and arts or non-profit institutions.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality concerning all institutional, financial, and legal matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Superior proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; InDesign and Photoshop skills a plus.
- Must be willing to arrange vacation time around Board mailings and meetings, and other critical institutional matters.
- Standing for long periods of time may be required for some functions.
- Must be able to sit at a computer and use a computer keyboard for extended periods.
Please note that candidates will be required to validate their computer and proof-reading proficiency through testing.
$42,000 to $46,000; excellent benefits
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
Important to Note:
The Morgan Library & Museum complies with New York City Executive Order 225 and requires that all employees be fully vaccinated and have received booster vaccines against the virus that causes COVID-19, absent qualifying exemptions for medical, religious, or other reasons in accordance with applicable laws.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. The Morgan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.