The Morgan Library & Museum seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the Deputy Director and Director of Finance and Administration. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support on a day-to-day basis and coordinate activities with Morgan staff and/or external entities as needed. This position has frequent interaction with Trustees, including providing support for Board, Board Committee and Visiting Committee meetings and back-up administrative assistance for the Director.
Responsibilities include preparing and distributing meeting minutes, coordinating the preparation of agreements and institutional responses to surveys, proofreading a variety of texts, and drafting and laying out presentations. Additionally, this position manages special projects, as designated by executive staff. The Administrative Assistant is expected to provide a welcoming and pleasant presence in the offices of the Deputy Director and Director of Finance and Administration in person, on the telephone, and through electronic media.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- B.A. with administrative experience and interest or background in the humanities and arts or non-profit institutions.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality concerning all institutional, financial, and legal matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Superior proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; InDesign and Photoshop skills a plus.
- Must be willing to arrange vacation time around Board mailings and meetings, and other critical institutional matters.
- Standing for long periods of time may be required for some functions.
- Must be able to sit at a computer and use a computer keyboard for extended periods.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to Human Resources at: [email protected].
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.