Liber regula pastorailis curae.
Corbie, France, 2nd half of the 9th century.
French 17th-century vellum over paper boards in tan morocco case.
Purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) in 1907.
179 leaves (1 column, 19 lines), bound : vellum, ill. ; 280 x 220 mm
Beauvais Cathedral (15th century catalogue, no. 43); Comte le Caron de Troussures; purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) through De Tonnay from the Comte Marie Louis le Caron de Troussures in 1907; J.P. Morgan (1867-1943).
Ms. written and illuminated in Corbie, France, at the Abbey of Corbie in the second half of the 9th century.
Decoration: 3 large and 61 small illuminated initials.