French 18th-century purple velvet with brass corners and impressions of Clermont arms (2 keys) in center, back of old tan velvet, lettered: Gouvernement des Rois.
Purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913), 1903.
106 leaves (2 columns, 40 lines), bound : vellum, ill. ; 350 x 230 mm
Owned in the 15th century by Gylliam Sonnyng, alderman of Calais (inscription on fol. 106r); ca. 1500 belonged to an Englishman (numerous marginal notes of translation); bequeathed (1640) by Charles-Henri de Clermont, Comte de Tonnerre to the Minimes of Tonnerre; sold (1788) to Cardinal Etienne Charles Loménie de Brienne (1727-1794); sale of Bibliotheca Parisina (London, 1791, no. 80) to L. Concannon; his sale (London, Christies, May 1, 1800, no. 295) to M. Woodhull; his sale (London, 1886, no. 1149) to Quaritch, catalogue 138 (1893), no. 23; bought in 1895 by John E. Kerr (catalogue 1903, p.7, no. 2); purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) with the Kerr Collection in 1903; J.P. Morgan (1867-1943).