Formerly in black morocco, now in 19th-century orange velvet with chased silver corners and clasp, probably English, in green morocco case.
Purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) in 1910.
87 leaves (2 columns, 29-30 lines), bound : vellum, ill. ; 302 x 208 mm
Made for Jean, Duc de Berry, ca. 1415 (his erased ownership inscription; not in Berry inventories); owned in the 16th century by a member of the Mauvoisin (Malvoisin) family of Berry (inscriptions on fol. 86v and 87); long preserved in the family of the comtes de La Tour Du Pin; comte de N... (Nadaillac) sale (Paris, Apr. 7, 1879, no. 2787); sold (Sept. 1881) by Ellis and White to Theodore Irwin (Catalogue, 1887, p. 7 no. 40); purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) with the Irwin Collection in 1900; J.P. Morgan (1867-1943).