Augsburg, Germany, ca. 1235-1250.
19th-century green morocco for T.O. Weigel; green silk interleaves, in green morocco slip case, labeled: Psalterium.
Purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) in 1907.
167 leaves (1 columns, 21 lines), bound : vellum, ill. ; 188 x 125 mm
Adapted to Cistercian use for a nunnery in the diocese of Constance; owned (1571) by Magdalena von Breitten Landenberg (1540-1583), prioress of Kloster Lichtenthal in Baden; T.O. Weigel; his sale (Leipzig) July 12, 1898, no. 4); purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) from Olschki in 1907; J.P. Morgan (1867-1943).