Amh. Copt. Pap. 9.6
Amherst Coptic Papyrus 9.6.
Purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) in 1912.
1 pane of glass containing 1 papyrus fragment ; 281 x 173 mm
Brought to a dealer in Luxor from Hū, ancient Diospolis Parva, according to Archibald Henry Sayce, who saw the manuscript at Luxor before its acquisition; purchased by Lord Amhurst Tyssen-Amherst, 1st Baron Amherst of Hackney, in the winter of 1905-1906; purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) in 1912; J.P. Morgan (1867-1943).
Manuscript fragment from a Homily on Romans 4:15 attributed to Gregory of Nazianzus; written in Egypt.
Edited and translated into English by Crum.
Divisions: Slightly enlarged initial and paragraphus sign (obelus) setting off paragraphs.
Script: Upright. 10 lines = ca. 109 mm
Superlineation: Connective? Punctuation: ? Tremas.
Collation: Monograms on fols. 5v, 6r. No remains of signatures, quire ornaments, headlines or catchwords.
Coptic, the Sahidic dialect
Download verso image: