Northern Italy, possibly Venice, 1350-1375.
French 18th-century red velvet, repaired by Marguerite Duprez Lahey.
94 leaves (2 or more drawings to a page), bound : vellum, ill. ; 300 x 200 mm
In France in 1641 (inscription on fol. 94v: Le dict livre ma este donné par monsieur de bonpar medecin du roy en l'annee 1641; owned by Marcellin-Hercule Bompart, Louis XIII's physician and passed on to Vallot, first physician to Louis XIV; owned in 1954 by Emil Starkenstein, professor of pharmacology and pharmagnosis at the German University in Prague (his ex-libris on front pastedown); purchased from Starkenstein's library through Gottschalk (Biblion) of Garden City with the assistance of the Fellows and with special assistance of William S. Glazier, in 1955.