Ms. Gospel book; written and illuminated in the village of Surs, the Lake Van region, Mokkʻ, Turkey, and completed A.E. 1037 (= A.D. 1588).
Decoration: 18 original and 8 added full-page miniatures; 8 unfilled canon tables with headpieces; 4 incipit pages, with headpieces and Evangelist symbols; 5 marginal figure drawings in magenta; marginal ornament throughout.
Illuminator: Yohanēs and probably one other artist.
The ms. was restored in New Julfa (Isfahān, Iran), in A.E. 1108 (= A.D. 1659) by two priests, Yovanēs and Pōghos; at the time of the restoration, the later eight miniatures were probably added.