Constantinople, ca. 1650.
17th- or 18th-century traditional Armenian binding, burgundy leather over wooden boards, with fore-edge flap; covers later covered over with gilt-silver plates upon which are relief figures of a crucifix and saints (front) and Salvator mundi and the symbols of the four evangelists (back); leather fore-edge flap also covered with silver; silver chain mail spine and silver chain mail clasps; front doublure is green silk and back is green cotton or linen; the manuscript is stored in a red embroidered pouch.
Purchased by J.P. Morgan (1867-1943) in 1917.
284 leaves (2 columns, 25 lines), bound : vellum, ill. ; 140 x 101 mm
Purchased by J.P. Morgan (1867-1943) from P. Tonapetean (P. Tonapetian) in 1917.