Ghent, Belgium, 1270-1280.
Formerly in red velvet; rebound by Marguerite Duprez Lahey in red morocco; lettered: Psalterium Davidis; in brown morocco case lettered: Psalterium Davidis, French - Paris - C. MCCL.
Purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) in 1902.
219 leaves (1 column, 19 lines), bound : vellum, ill. ; 157 x 115 mm
Belonged in 1374 to Gérard de Dainville (archbishop of Cambrai, 1371-1378), who presented it then to his cousin Jeanne de Plancquis, nun of Estrum, diocese of Arras, according to an inscription on fol. 218; remained in Estrum until 1800 according to inscription on fol. 1; given May 18, 1809 by Jos. De Sarte to A. Von Monck; A. Firmin-Didot sale (Paris, 1879, no. 5) to Fontaine; Prince Liechtenstein Collection; purchased May 29, 1896 by Richard Bennett; Catalogue of manuscripts and early printed books from the libraries of William Morris, Richard Bennett, Bertram, fourth Earl of Ashburnham, and other sources, no. 22; purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) with the Bennett Collection in 1902; J.P. Morgan (1867-1943).