Milan or Ferrara, Italy, ca. 1475.
Old wooden boards and pigskin; two clasps; with a 13th century enamel plaque of the Crucifixion on the front cover.
Purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) in 1911.
124 leaves (1 column, 26 lines), bound : vellum, ill. ; 260 x 190 mm
Made for a convent dedicated to Saint Catherine of Siena, perhaps one in Tuscany; purchased by J. Pierpont Morgan (1837-1913) from Ferdinando Ongania in 1911 and brought to the United States aboard the Corsair; J.P. Morgan (1867-1943).