A portion of the autograph manuscript of an unfinished novel written about 1805. The remainder of the manuscript was held by Mr. L.A. Austen-Leigh and his three sisters as of 1925; in 2011, it was acquired by the Bodleian Library.
Date and place of writing are based on an accompanying autograph letter from William Austen-Leigh.
Part of a collection that includes manuscripts, letters, and notes in Jane Austen's autograph. The collection also includes letters addressed to Austen by James Stanier Clarke and a steel engraving of Austen. Items in the collection are described in 12 individual records (MA 1034.1-12).
Watermark: Fragment "W S" on page 2, wove paper.