If you are a New York City public school teacher, join us for one of our teacher workshops and experience the Morgan Library & Museum’s unique school programs that you can bring to your students. The workshops will highlight Colors of the World and the Morgan Book Project and include a hands-on activity.
The Morgan Library & Museum is now an accredited CTLE Sponsor.
Free Professional Development Workshops
Tuesday, November 7, 2017–Election Day Professional Development
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 FULLY BOOKED
Monday, January 29, 2018–High School Chancellor’s Conference Day Professional Development Workshop
Registration Deadline: Monday, January 15, 2018
Thursday, April 26th, 2018- Open House for Teachers and School Administrators
Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Thursday, June 7, 2018–Chancellor’s Conference Day Professional Development
Registration Deadline: Thursday, May 24, 2018
Registration: [email protected] or 212.685.0008 ext. 356
Location: The Morgan Library & Museum
Directions: subway no. 6 to 33rd Street; 4, 5, or 7 to Grand Central; B, D, F, or M to 42nd Street/Bryant Park; bus M2, M3, M4, or Q32 to 36th Street; public parking available nearby
Time: 9 am to 3:30 pm
Fee: FREE with complimentary breakfast
In our full-day Professional Development Workshops, you will:
- Learn about the Morgan Library & Museum’s school programs, highlighting Colors of the World and the Morgan Book Project and their relevance to the CCSS and Danielson’s Framework;
- Discuss integration of the visual arts into earth science, ELA, and social studies;
- Explore extraordinary examples of medieval and Renaissance manuscripts from the Morgan’s collection;
- Make paint following historic recipes and methods from cities along ancient trade routes;
- Create a small illumination complete with 22 karat gold leaf.
The workshops are recommended for visual arts and academic teachers grades 3 through 12 interested in integrating book arts into their curriculum.
*Due to great demand and limited space, we can accept only two teachers per school. Priority will be given to Title I New York City Public Schools.
Teachers: Photography by Alison MacKenzie