Visitor Guidelines and Policies
- Please do not touch the artwork.
- Coats, if not worn, must be checked at the coatroom.
- Complimentary coat and bag check available (see below for policies).
- While pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are allowed, no pens, ink, paints, markers, easels, or stools are permitted. Sitting on the floor while sketching or taking notes is not permitted.
- Non-flash photography is permitted in the public spaces. Exceptions may apply. Photography is not permitted in any of the special exhibition galleries. Video recording is not permitted in the Museum.
- Visitors can use cell phones throughout the Museum
- In consideration of others, we ask that visitors refrain from speaking into their cell phones except in lobby areas.
- The Museum reserves the right to decide what can and cannot be checked in at the coatroom.
- The Museum is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, damaged, or left behind.
- No eating or drinking outside the Café and Dining Room (this includes food items purchased in the Museum)
- Outside food and drink cannot be brought into the Museum and may not be checked at the coatroom.
- All backpacks, briefcases, and large bags must be checked
- Luggage, garment bags, carry-on bags, large duffle bags, bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, plants, or flowers may not be brought into the Museum and cannot be checked.
- Strollers may be brought into the Museum but cannot be checked.
- Sealed boxes, packages, or musical instruments may not be brought into the Museum and cannot be checked.
- All umbrellas must be checked unless it is contained within an admissibly sized bag.
- Pets cannot be brought into the Museum.
- The Morgan Library & Museum is a smoke-free environment.
Violations of the above guidelines and policies may result in your being asked to leave the Morgan (without refund).