PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE IS CONDITIONED UPON UNEQUIVOCAL ACCEPTANCE IN WRITING OF THE FOLLOWING REGUALTIONS. ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT, AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE MORGAN, IN THE REVOCATION OF PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE WITH THE RIGHT TO SEEK OTHER REMEDIES, INCLUDING DAMAGES. PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE IS GRANTED IN WRITING UPON DEPARTMENTAL CURATORIAL APPROVAL AND RECEIPT OF FULL PAYMENT OF ALL IMAGE AND REPRODUCTION FEES.
- Permission will be granted for only one usage in one publication, one edition and in one to three languages per edition, for a period not to exceed five years from the date of permission. Additional language editions and subsequent revised new editions will be considered upon application. Should the publication not take place within the five year period, a new application must be made.
- In order to assure optimum results, the Morgan allows reproduction only from high resolution digital images, 8 x 10 inches glossy black-and-white photographs or large format color transparencies obtained directly from the Morgan. Therefore, the Morgan does not authorize reproduction from reference books, photocopies, microfilm, 35mm color slides, or photographic material obtained from third parties. Unauthorized duplication or dissemination of the Morgan's photographic material is forbidden.
- Full credit lines, including accession numbers and detail information, must appear exactly as specified by the Morgan, without editing, either directly under the reproduction or in the photo credits section. If incomplete or incorrect credit lines are printed, the credit line must be corrected in future editions.
- The reproduction must be full-tone black and white or full color. Without prior permission, nothing may be superimposed on the reproduction (i.e. lettering or tone or another image) and the reproduction may not be cropped or bled off the page.
- Each reproduction must be reproduced in its entirety unless permission has been granted to use a detail.
- Reproductions must accurately match the color-corrected images provided by the Morgan.
- Unless otherwise stated, submission of color proofs is optional. When color proofs are provided, the Morgan will be glad to compare them with the original material and send its comments. Any corrections stipulated by the Morgan must be made. Submission of color proofs may be required for any reuse of color film from previous editions. The Morgan may require the applicant to obtain a new color image if the proofs are not color correct.
- In granting reproduction permission the Morgan acts as the owner of the physical object only. The Morgan takes no responsibility for any possible infringement of copyrights laws in the publication of its material.
- The Morgan requests a gift copy of each publication in which use is made of its materials, where the character of the publication does not render such a gift impracticable. Please send the gift copy to the Reference Collection, The Morgan Library & Museum, 225 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016.