The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Development Associate. The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting fundraising operations for the Morgan and will report to the Director of Institutional Advancement. We are seeking a self-directed team player to provide general administrative support to the Director and other key department staff, and to help execute critical development efforts, especially as they relate to institutional giving and Development events. The Development Associate is also responsible for managing preparation for events and donor meetings; scheduling meetings; maintaining the Raiser’s Edge donor database as it relates to gifts and prospects; and generating gift reports, invitation lists, proposals and appeals, and acknowledgements. Confidentiality and diplomacy are required. This individual must work well managing multiple deadlines and have strong attention to detail.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- B.A. Degree; interest in the arts and humanities preferred
- At least two to three years of successful fundraising or other related non-profit experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an understanding of customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Donor database experience; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Some evening and some weekend hours are necessary
- Able to stand for extended periods of time at events and programs
- Able to work for extended periods on the computer
- Able to lift moderately heavy boxes of material as needed
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter with resume to: Human Resources at [email protected]
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.