The Morgan Library & Museum has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer who will be responsible overseeing the operations, maintenance and repairs of the Morgan’s physical plant and infrastructure building systems. This includes but is not limited to HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning) and its controls, lighting systems, and building supply and support systems.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in building operations.
- Must be in procession of a valid New York Certificate of Fitness for:
- (A-35) Certificate of Fitness to Operate and Maintain Air Compressors.
- (F-01) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Fire Guard for Impairment.
- (S-12) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Sprinkler Systems.
- (S-13) Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Standpipe Systems.
- (Q-01) Certificate of Qualification for Refrigerating System Operating Engineer.
- Fire Safety Director.
- Emergency Action Plan Director.
- Working knowledge of Siemens/BMS controls.
- Familiar with CMMS and ability to develop/manage preventative maintenance programs.
- An extensive knowledge of HVAC/control systems.
- An extensive knowledge of centrifugal chillers, cooling towers , pumps, fans and motors
- Working knowledge of VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives).
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ability to make and oversee repairs to building systems.
- Experience in the maintenance and operations of steam systems supplied by Con Edison.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Being able to work with both hand and power tools in a safe and careful manner.
- Knowledgeable in working a variety of lifts such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Have a good understanding of the principles and practices of supervision, including assigning, evaluating, and modifying work.
- Able to effectively delegate responsibility and achieve results through subordinates and/or contract personnel.
- Able to maintain positive and productive relationships with the Morgan’s management and staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs. or more, climbing on stairs and ladders, working in tight spaces.
- Must have adequate hearing to facilitate working in machine equipment rooms.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.