| Employment positions
Opportunities | Employment
Carter Burden Project Cataloger
The Morgan Library & Museum seeks a temporary, part-time Project Cataloger to work on the Carter Burden Collection of American Literature. This position is responsible for creating records in CORSAIR, the Morganís public access collections catalog, for books and other printed items in the Burden Collection. This will include searching for copy and fully cataloging each item in OCLC, overlaying preliminary records in Voyager, importing name authority records as needed, and physically processing books including the assignment of accession numbers and the printing of a barcode flag for each volume. This temporary part-time position will work a total of 500 hours. The position reports to the Head of Cataloging and Database Maintenance.
- Master's in Library and Information Science or equivalent degree with at least three years of cataloging experience in a library setting
- In depth knowledge of the MARC format and of AACR2 required; familiarity with RDA is preferred
- Experience with an online library system required; experience with Voyager and the OCLC Connexion client preferred
- Must work with accuracy and attention to detail and possess strong computer skills
- Ability to work for extended periods at a computer workstation
- Ability to lift moderately heavy boxes and books
- Ability to push a fully loaded book truck
To apply: Interested applicants please e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Back to jobs list
Top of page
© The Morgan Library & Museum, 225 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016, (212) 685-0008
Terms and Conditions
The programs of The Morgan Library & Museum are made possible with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, and by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Background images: Photography by Todd Eberle unless otherwise noted. © 2006 Todd Eberle.