The Morgan Library & Museum has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer who will be responsible for performing skilled tasks in carpentry and general maintenance of the facility. Candidates must have a working knowledge and hands on experience with plumbing, electrical, HVAC, building systems and carpentry.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years actual practical working experience in general maintenance and operations
- Able to construct and erect all types of wood, plywood and wallboard structures
- Millwork and finish carpentry (including finishing) experience is a must HVAC and control building management systems (BMS) experience
- Valid Fire Safety Director (FSD), Stand pipe 12 and Sprinkler 13 licenses
- Or must obtain licenses within one year of hire
- General computer knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as Word and Excel software
- Ability to read Blue prints
- Strong knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
- Valid driver’s license
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to trouble shoot
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform duties on ladders and scaffolding; indoor and outdoors; as well as lifting a maximum of 50lbs, and moving heavier objects with assertive devices. The work environment includes working near or with moving mechanical parts, chemical, and electrical equipment.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org