Rush Hour Music in Gilbert Court
Live music returns to the Morgan with a summer series of rush hour concerts in Gilbert Court featuring three extraordinary string quartets performing works ranging from Franz Joseph Haydn to Wynton Marsalis. All concerts last approximately one hour with a limited audience.
Rush Hour Music in Gilbert Court is made possible by Cynthia Hazen Polsky and Leon B. Polsky.
The Aeolus Quartet was formed in 2008 with a vision to share the permanent power of the string quartet repertoire with wide-ranging audiences.
Florence Price, String Quartet in G Major (1929)
Osvaldo Golijov, Tenebrae (version II) for String Quartet (2002)
Felix Mendelssohn, String Quartet in F minor, Op. 80 (1847)
See program (PDF)
Your Health and Safety Are Important to Us
The well-being of our staff, artists, and audience is our top priority. The Morgan has put in place rigorous COVID-19-related protocols that will comply with or exceed the New York State Regulations.
- Seating is assigned by Morgan staff, spaced 6 feet between parties, based on arrival time.
- Maintain social distancing and remain in your assigned seat.
- Entry begins 30 minutes before the performance.
- Late admittance cannot be guaranteed, performance begins promptly at 6:30 pm.
- Everyone entering the Morgan’s campus must wear face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth. Visitors not wearing masks appropriately will not be allowed in the facility.
A review of our full visitor guidelines and policies can help orient you before you arrive and ensure you get the most out of your experience. By visiting the Museum, you agree to abide by these policies. Please make sure to plan ahead for your visit. Violations of the guidelines and policies may result in your being asked to leave the Morgan (without refund). Visitor Guidelines