The Morgan Library & Museum has an opening for a part-time weekend Shop Supervisor. This position supports daily operations of the Morgan’s Shop by providing exceptional customer service, training Sales Associates, executing merchandising plans, and maintaining inventory levels. This is a part-time hourly position. Work days are Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. This position reports directly to the Shop Manager.
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with training all new shop employees.
- Providing coverage for the Shop Manager as needed. This may include some weekdays.
- Assisting the Shop Manager with determining daily operational needs, including anticipating cash reserves and stock replenishment.
- Processing Mail Order requests.
- Ensuring the proper filing of daily receipts and implementing daily closing procedures.
- Coordinating with the Shop Manager to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Supervising a sales staff of up to 10 Sales Associates.
- Assisting the Shop Manager with developing effective sales activities.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Previous retail experience is required.
- Ideal candidates will possess 1 -3 years of experience in Retail Management
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Knowledge of office and retail computer systems, such as Microsoft Office Suite, and POS/Inventory Systems.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Able to ensure a high level of guest service based on guest relations training.
- Able to encourage a fun, positive, high quality work environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift/carry objects up to 25 pounds.
Competitive hourly rate
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.