The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Communications and Marketing Director. Together with other senior staff, the Communications and Marketing Director develops and implements public relations and marketing strategies to advance the Morgan’s mission, to promote its wide range of exhibitions and programs, and to build audience engagement. The position oversees institutional messaging, media relations, advertising, e-communications, and social media and serves as a liaison and ambassador to corporate and governmental representatives, community members and other cultural institutions. The position reports to the Deputy Director.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in the humanities, or journalism, preferably in a field related to the Morgan’s holdings.
- Established relationships with major local, national, and international media.
- Superior knowledge of marketing strategy and design for both printed and digital materials.
- A strong track record of holding increasingly senior positions in communications and marketing, preferably at a major museum or other cultural institution.
- Demonstrated ability to create and monitor strategic communications plans using analytical tools.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a diplomatic way in a busy office environment and work well with the public and the media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with superior knowledge of social media platforms.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: [email protected]
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.