The Morgan Library & Museum is looking for an Accounts Payable Coordinator who will be responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable function. Duties will include but are not limited to coding and processing invoices into the accounting software system; producing and mailing checks; inputting wire transfers and ACH payments; preparing A/P journal entries; managing all aspects of the monthly credit card payment; and reconciling related accounts as part of the monthly financial closing cycle. This candidate will manage extensive files of current and previous years’ invoices. This position will report to the Controller.
Due to lower volume of activity during COVID-19, other departmental activities are temporarily assigned to this position.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- At least 2–4 years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Accounting is preferred
- Basic accounting knowledge that includes the ability to identify expense vs. capital items (prepaid expenses, fixed assets) and manage monthly accounting period cutoffs for expenses
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel with a demonstrated skill in creating and formatting excel spreadsheets. Comfort with email and calendar systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Abila MIP accounting software a plus
- Proven ability to work well independently, but also able to work in a team environment
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and pay close attention to details
- Good written communication skills, including the ability to write business-style e-mail messages.
- Able to build good working relationships with external and internal clients
- Able to manage an extensive inventory of vendor files
- Ability to work for extended periods on a computer, and lift and move boxes (up to 20 lbs.) of vendor files as needed.
Annual salary $42,000 to $46,000. Excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com
The Morgan Library & Museum receives many applications and inquiries for employment. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all of them. Due to the high volume of applicants, we can contact only those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the position using the e-mail address indicated above.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. The Morgan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.