Master Drawings is a quarterly non-profit publication housed within the Morgan Library & Museum. It is the only scholarly periodical in the world devoted to the study of draftsmen, draftsmanship, and drawings since the Renaissance.
This volunteer position will be essential in the effort to increase the journal’s subscribers, donors, advertisers, and general audience. Together with the Administrator and the Advancement & Marketing Manager, the volunteer will help update and innovate the journal’s social media platforms, draft promotional materials, prepare letters, and perform other editorial and office tasks. Assistance with the publication’s annual symposium and participation in art fairs will also be part of the role.
- Experience using Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms, ideally from a business perspective
- Highly detail-oriented, organized individual
- Previous office experience, preferably in a museum setting
- Interest in art history and/or background in art, art history or art publications
- Expertise in Microsoft office programs and working on a PC
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Days/Hours: One day per week, Mondays OR Wednesdays (9-5) OR Fridays (9-3)
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.