The Morgan Library & Museum has a part-time opening for a Visitor Services Assistant. The incumbent will provide museum patrons with a general introduction and orientation to the Morgan; sell admission and program tickets; provide brochures and other materials; provide information on and assist with membership enrollment and renewal; and provide Coatroom service to visitors by checking and returning bags and garments. Responsibilities also comprise assisting with execution of programs and events including, but not limited to coat check, ushering, and ticket sales/collection.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Previous customer service experience especially in museum or attraction setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work a combination of one weekend day, at least one weekday but possibly two, and evening hours (an average of three per month). Schedule subject to change seasonally.
- Ability to lift and manage bags, garments, and other items checked in the coatroom
- Facility with computer use including Windows based operating systems
Competitive hourly rate
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: