The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of TMS Administrator. The TMS Administrator will be responsible for the smooth functioning of The Museum System (TMS), a collection management system that is critical to the Morgan’s collection care as well as its exhibition and loan programs. The TMS Administrator will serve as a primary resource for TMS users, oversee application upgrades and customizations, and collaborate closely with other departments to ensure successful data interchange between TMS and other databases and applications involving the curatorial collection, including but not limited to Voyager (an integrated library system) and ResourceSpace (a digital asset management system). The Administrator will also maintain the quality of descriptive and transactional data stored in TMS. He/she will be a key member of the team charged with developing long-term collection data management strategies. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Exhibition and Collection Administration.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the humanities; graduate work in museum studies or library science is preferred
- Excellent and demonstrated expertise in database administration
- Minimum three years of experience with TMS administration and Crystal Reports
- Substantial previous experience working with TMS in a museum environment
- Strong knowledge of SQL as used in MS SQL Server, XML, and Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and ability to troubleshoot Access databases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team to solve problems
- Ability to interact with a varied user group with a focus on service
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Ability to work odd hours as necessary to address systems issues
- Knowledge of Voyager and/or ResourceSpace a plus
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit plan.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: Human Resources at [email protected]
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.