The Morgan Library & Museum has an opening for a part-time weekend Shop Supervisor. This position supports daily operations of the Morgan’s Shop, by providing exceptional customer service, training of Sales Associates, executing merchandising plans and maintaining inventory levels. This is a part-time hourly position. Work days are Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. This position reports directly to the Shop Manager. The Supervisor will:
- Assist with the training of all new hire employees.
- Work in fast paced environment and ensure a high level of guest service based on guest relations training
- Fill in for Shop Manager as needed. This may include some weekdays.
- Assist the Shop Manager with determining daily operational needs including anticipating cash reserves and stock replenishment.
- Process Mail Order requests.
- Ensure the proper safeguarding of daily receipts and the implementation of daily closing procedures.
- Coordinate with the Shop Manager to ensure appropriate coverage Supervise a sales staff of 10–15 Sales Associates.
- Assist the Shop Manager in developing effective sales activities.
- Preferably the candidate will possess 1–3 years’ experience in Retail Management.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability of handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, POS/Inventory System).
- Able to encourage a fun, positive, high quality work environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time. Able to lift/carry objects up to 25 pounds.
Competitive hourly rate
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: