The Morgan Library & Museum has openings for part-time Sales Associates. The Sales Associate will support daily operations in the Morgan shop by maintaining merchandise displays, the efficient operation of a Point of Sale register system, and by providing excellent customer service to museum visitors. Additional responsibilities will include communicating daily merchandise and supply needs to gift shop management and assisting with annual inventory procedures. This part-time hourly position reports to the Shop Manager. Candidates must be available to work on weekends.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience
- Able to operate POS/Inventory system and compute basic mathematical calculations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and occasional evening hours (Friday and Sunday availability is desirable)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to lift and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and ensure a high level of guest service
Competitive hourly rate
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.