The Morgan Library & Museum seeks a Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis to be responsible for a wide range of analytical activities. Monitoring investment manager performance, preparing monthly endowment reports and ensuring compliance with fiduciary requirements comprise a core responsibility. Other responsibilities include developing and updating exhibition and special project budgets in collaboration with curatorial and administrative staff as well as ensuring compliance with key contracts, especially in income-producing areas. Though these are largely quantitative activities, it is often necessary to produce narrative work that interprets data, making writing skills important to this position as well. An ability to work with professionals from diverse disciplines and backgrounds is essential to success in this role. A passion for the arts and an appreciation of the history and mission of the Morgan will contribute to that success. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Undergraduate degree is required. Graduate degree is desirable, preferably in finance or a related field
- Experience in portfolio analysis/endowment management
- Experience and proficiency in financial modeling and statistical analysis
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of budgeting, planning, finance and tax concepts pertinent to areas of responsibility
- Ability to present complex information and concepts to varied audiences, in different forms (oral, written, and graphic), as appropriate
- Demonstrated skill in writing about financial topics
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple assignments, while maintaining attention to detail and critical thinking
- Demonstrated capacity to treat confidential materials with discretion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience reviewing contracts (desirable)
- Familiarity with risk management principles (desirable)
- Experience analyzing retail operations (desirable)
- Familiarity with other software used in a museum, library or accounting environment, such as accounting or point-of-sale system or TMS (desirable)
- Physical requirement: ability to sit at a computer for extended periods Compensation: Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter with salary requirements, resume and a written description of their experience in portfolio analysis/endowment management to Human Resources at: email@example.com.