The Morgan Library & Museum has an immediate opening for a Manager of Communications. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, this position manages and implements the Morgan’s media cultivation process and its social media outreach in order to build awareness and generate excitement about the Morgan’s exhibitions, education programs, and other activities.
Interacting closely with the Morgan’s various departments, the Manager of Communications writes press releases, media alerts, and other communications content and helps to define promotional strategies for a wide variety of Morgan initiatives. He/she prepares and oversees the compilation and distribution of press materials. This position cultivates and maintains key relationships with the arts media and also organizes press previews for the Morgan's seasonal exhibitions.
The Manager of Communications, along with the Manager of Marketing, is also charged with building the museum’s social media audience, especially on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter by generating posts inspired by the Morgan’s collection, exhibitions and other activities. This includes creating special social media promotional events such as Instameets.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining regular interaction with the Senior Manager of Digital Media to keep exhibition, program, and other information on the Morgan's website up-to-date and fresh, working closely with the department’s Manager of Marketing on marketing collateral projects, and assisting the department director with the annual report.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or humanities field
- At least two years of media relations work at a major cultural institution or comparable non-profit environment
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Adept at working in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and other creative programs
- Demonstrable experience working in social media, particularly Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to function with diplomacy and tact with colleagues from many different departments
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefit plan.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org