The Morgan Library & Museum seeks an experienced Director of Facilities who will be responsible for the built environment and security of the Morgan campus, housekeeping, and office services. The Director of Facilities will oversee preventive and predictive maintenance programs for the building and grounds, including service contracts; safety and code compliance issues; and security infrastructure and operations. The Director of Facilities will be the lead contact for all matters related to the Facilities Department and will work with his or her team to ensure high quality service and timely response to requests. He/she will also oversee capital projects as assigned. This position will require availability in emergency situations and at times fieldwork. The Director of Facilities will report to the Deputy Director.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience in Facilities with minimum of 4 years in a supervisory/management role.
- Working knowledge of MEP systems, fire protection systems, and security systems.
- Fluency with Siemens BMS, the Microsoft operating system, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and other safe workplace practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with staff, guests and the public.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Work-related experience in a museum, library, or other cultural organization a plus.
- Possession of Certificates of Fitness from FDNY a plus (AED/First Aid, A35, B29, G60/F60, F01, F03, F85/59, S12/13)
- Must be able to perform the duties of the position, including but not limited to; walking to inspect multi-level historic buildings (not all of which are easily accessible) and oversee personnel; stand for long periods of time; occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Competitive salary with attractive benefits package.
Please e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.