The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of Communications and Marketing Director. Working with the senior administration, the Communications and Marketing Director develops and implements outreach strategies to further the Morgan’s organizational goals. On a day-to-day basis the position oversees institutional messaging, media relations, advertising, e-communications, social media, and select in-house marketing collateral, working closely with all museum departments.
This position also serves as a liaison to relevant corporate and government representatives, community members, and other institutional and cultural groups. S/he works closely with both curatorial and administrative departments to enhance the Morgan’s visibility to its many constituent groups and to support efforts to engage and grow these vital audiences. This position reports to the Deputy Director.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in museum studies, journalism, or the humanities, preferably in a field related to the Morgan’s holdings.
- Established relationships with major local, national, and international media.
- Superior knowledge of marketing strategy and design for both printed and digital materials.
- A strong track record of holding increasingly senior positions in communications and marketing, preferably at a major museum or other cultural institution.
- Demonstrated ability to create and monitor strategic communications plans using analytical tools.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, with superior knowledge of social media platforms.
- Strong planning, organizational, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a diplomatic way in a busy office environment and work well with the public, the media, and colleagues from all Morgan departments.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Human Resources at:
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.