The Morgan Library & Museum seeks a temporary, part-time Collections Metadata Assistant to perform data entry in the Morgan’s collections catalog, CORSAIR, OCLC's WorldCat database, and various local databases. The Assistant will also perform routine database maintenance tasks in all systems. This temporary part-time position is offered for 21 hours per week until March 31, 2018. The position reports to the Manager of Collections Information and Library Systems.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Master's in Library and Information Science or related field, or substantial course work towards the degree
- Prior experience working in a research library, especially cataloging in special collections, preferred
- Knowledge of the MARC format, RDA, AACR2, LCNAF and LCSAF preferred
- Experience with Voyager and the OCLC Connexion client preferred
- Experience with MS Access and Excel preferred
- Familiarity with data transformation tools, such as MarcEdit or OpenRefine preferred
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments
- Ability to work for extended periods at a computer workstation
- Ability to lift moderately heavy boxes and books
- Ability to push a fully loaded book truck
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.